When Water Damage Strikes
Here at SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park, we specialize in water damage restoration. If you have recently experienced a water damage loss due to a recent storm or flood, we can help. We understand the stress that comes when your home or business has been affected by a flood or storm.
Here is some top reason why you should choose SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park to restore your property when tragedies strike your home or business.
Prevent further structural damage or mold
- We have a 24-hour emergency service that allows us to respond to your needs immediately.
- Immediate action can prevent mold
We have the right tools
- Specialize equipment to get the job done
- Experience technicians
Fixing water damages yourself can be dangerous and time consuming
- Please remember that water damages should be left to professionals. Without the proper tools and expertise, you can hurt yourself or someone else.
- We can have our professional water damage experts to clean and restore you home, so you can rest at ease.
- Our crews can have the job done quickly.
Prevent water damages to your home and belonging
- Avoid permanent damage by contacting us right away
- Procrastination can cost you a lot of money
Get rid of bad odors
- Our reliable team of experts can eliminate the bad odors from your property
- We can deodorize your home to ensure it smells clean and fresh
Call Today -SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park 707-588-8226
If water damages are not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
5 Important Summer Grilling Safety Tips
Summer is around the corner and many people are anxiously ready for planning to cook outdoors. However, while grilling and hosting barbecue parties can be a lot of fun, it's important to make sure you follow a few safety guidelines to ensure that you and your guests have the best possible experience. The worst thing that could happen during your picnic would be if someone needed to go to the emergency room or the fire department has to be called!
Here are 5 very important summer grilling tips to follow to ensure the safety of you and your guests:
1. Grill From a Distance: Grilling too close to houses, decks, fences, bushes, or trees can greatly increase your risk of a fire while cooking outside. A minimum safe distance should be 5 feet, with 10 feet or more recommended. When you are making foods such as hamburgers or steaks that can drip grease and fat it can cause many flames to shoot up from the grill. You will also want to make sure there are no nearby flammable objects or materials, such as extra propane tanks or aerosol cans. You should never grill indoors or in a garage or covered porch area as this can also be a fire risk. The only things that should be nearby are your cooking necessities and a fire extinguisher!
2. Keep Kids and Pets Safe: A hot grill can be very dangerous to children and animals, especially since they may not realize that it can potentially burn them. Keep kids and pets as far away from the grill as possible and have another adult keep them occupied during cooking to make sure they don't accidentally bump into the grill.
3. Protect Your Body: It is very easy for grease to splatter when cooking, and anytime you are working near a hot surface you will want to make sure that you take precautions to minimize your risk for burns. Using special matches or lighters for your grill, long handled tongs, and heat resistant oven mitts will all help your skin stay safe while barbecuing outside. Make sure your clothes are not too loose also - hanging sleeves or a baggy shirt could easily catch on fire inadvertently.
4. Never Leave the Grill Unattended: It only takes a minute away from your grilling station for something to go terribly wrong. Never when cooking outdoors leave the area. Make sure before you start that you have everything you need including the food, dishes, utensils, seasonings, and maybe even a drink for yourself while you are working.
5. Follow the Manufacturer Recommendations: Different models will have different features and specifications. Be sure that you completely understand the user manual and directions and follow any other additional safety information that comes with your equipment. You should also make sure that you perform regular cleaning and maintenance. Inspect the parts and pieces before use for leaks if using gas or propane and if necessary call a licensed person to repair.
Following these simple safety tips will help prevent injury to you, your guests, or your property. Taking just a few minutes to do these things can reduce your risk and make sure that your barbecue party is a safe and enjoyable one!
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/M._Stein/307480
5 Good Reasons For Hiring Commercial Cleaning Services For Your Office
It is common sense that most people go for a certain service or product if they find it more useful than other similar available. It is all about better options. It is true for commercial cleaning services also. With the changing times, businesses have changed and so have the customer expectations. Now people expect more quality service, value added products. Keeping this in mind, we will be discussing how commercial cleaning services could benefit over other available options.
Here are a few reasons that will help you understand how commercial cleaning services are the better option when it comes to a clean and hygienic work place.
Better, faster Cleaning Services
Though faster is not always better, but in this particular case it actually is. Office premises vary in area and a single business could extend to more than one building and floors. What these companies excel in is the art of cleaning a premise comprehensively at a professional pace. That does not mean that just to do the jobs in standard predefined timings they would overlook the nooks and corners or do a less than thorough job. The manage it by using high tech cleaning equipment covering more area in lesser time, and by training their staff to make maximum use of their time and technology.
Competition among rival cleaning services
One good thing that has happened in the recent times is that due to the highly competitive prevailing market conditions the benefit of the resulting higher cleaning standards has gone in favor of the customer. Now you have the option of getting better quality services at highly competitive prices.
Use as you choose - Flexible working schedule
As an option against hiring your own cleaning crew, outsourcing such work to a professional service provider gives you the benefit of selecting your own cleaning frequency. Every organization has its own preference and requirement for getting the office premises cleaned. If you are a small or a medium sized business concern you may not require a daily cleaning and hence could go for a biweekly cleaning schedule or may if you feel once a week cleanup is good enough for you, you could make arrangements with the cleaning company for the cleaning work to be done like that.
After hours cleaning services
The biggest advantage of hiring a professional cleaning company is that you can have the work done after or before your office working time. What this means is that you get a clean work place less the hassles of your staff being disturbed during the work hours. However, you could arrange to have mixed services such as off time cleaning and minimal presence of the cleaning crew during work hours just to take care of the odd spill.
Value added services
Like any other business, some of these commercial cleaning services have added more diversity to their mainstream cleaning business. They are now offer value added services such as water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, sanitizing, and pest control and so on...
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Johnson_Emanuel/1061909
Protect Your Home and Personal Property From Lightning Storms
With spring, comes lightning storms. Many people enjoy watching as they illuminate the dark night. Mother Nature puts on a beautiful show as the lightning bolts streak across the sky, sometimes flashing for what seems to be an eternity.
The not-so-beautiful part of spring storms is that they cause more property loss in any given year than floods, tornadoes and hurricanes combined! Lightning is a discharge of electrical energy in the atmosphere and flashes from one cloud to another. Therefore, the first thing most people think of when lightning is present is the chance for a fire.
Though lightning storms can happen any season - any month, for that matter - storm season is June through August. Early spring comes in as a close second for active, damaging lightning storms. July has the highest number of lightning fires; 41% strike residential and other structures.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, approximately 17,400 fires are caused by lightning on an annual basis, resulting in a total of $138 million in property damage. The dollar loss per fire is almost double that of other fires.
The first thing you might think of is a lightning rod. Though many think they attract lightning, what they really do is provide a safe path for the electricity to follow to the ground.
In addition to the structure, you must also protect the personal property inside. Electrical surges often occur and can damage TVs, computers and other electronics. A surge protector installed at the main electrical panel and also at the outlets will often prevent sudden spikes in electrical current, which could have resulted in "fried" electronics.
Review your insurance policy with your agent to make sure you have sufficient coverage on your home and the personal property inside.
Also, create an inventory of all the personal property you own (personal property is described as all items that will fall out of a building when turned upside down and shaken). Insurance companies will require this list when you file a claim for the loss. They will ask for each item you want replaced, what you paid for it, when you purchased it and who the manufacturer was. They will also request model numbers and serial numbers for appliances, electronics, power tools, etc.
Proper insurance and a personal property inventory - together, these will enable you to recover financially if a lightning storm results in a fire that damages or destroys your home or business. You'll not only have your inventory to file the insurance claim quickly, this will lessen the stress while it maximizes your settlement.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Cindy_Hartman/199627
Commercial Restoration Cleaning
Commercial restoration cleaning is a special type of cleaning service that is offered to buildings that have been damaged by water, fire, or some sort of national disaster. It takes a lot of knowledge and expertise to be done right, and it is important to use after the event of a disaster has occurred. No matter how much damage or how much mess is left after a fire or flood, things can be salvaged and the building or home can be cleaned. Here is more information on this type of cleaning service:
One way to use commercial restoration cleaning is to have all of your carpet professionally dried, shampooed, and vacuumed. This will either salvage the carpet that has been damaged or dirtied, or it will make the decision to replace the flooring altogether more apparent. Any type of cloth or upholstered surface can be cleaned during this process. All of the right methods and products will be used and you can count on the fact that everything will be done in order to make your carpet look like new.
Another example of this type of service is removing any type of foul odor from a home or building. No matter what caused the odor, or how potent it is, there is always a way to clean it and get rid of it. No one likes to be at home or at a commercial property while putting up with an unbearable smell. You can also have your place of business or home completely disinfected from any type of chemical or bacteria. It takes real professionals to go in and make a building safe again in the event of an accident or emergency. This keeps the place healthy and everyone that goes inside healthy and free of harmful bacteria.
If your home has been severely flooded or burnt, the best thing to do is to call in this type of restoration cleaning service as soon as possible. The longer you wait the worst the damage becomes. As soon as you get the company in to inspect your home and to start cleaning it, you will then be able to see what is salvageable and what isn't. This also makes your case with your insurance company much easier to go through.
In any type of event that takes a real commercial grade cleaning company that specializes in restoration you should not hesitate to call and get a quote.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Mark_Middleton/1034187
Storm Damage: Tips to Making It Through a Storm
We have been having some major storms lately. Tornadoes, hurricanes and torrential rains have been wreaking havoc throughout the United States. It is important to be as prepared as possible if a storm is coming your way. This means different things depending on the areas in which you live. Also, storm damage varies from location to location. Weather extremes make storm damage nearly impossible to predict. Lightning, wind, ice, floods, rain, extreme cold and heat can cause all types of damage to your home.
When a storm hits it is best to be prepared. Here are some tips to help you maximize safety and minimize the inconvenience storms and storm damage can bring to your life.
1) Have flashlights with spare batteries in a location that is easy to access. Avoid candles if at all possible. It is easier than many homeowners think to leave a candle lit and have fire ravage through your house. Storm damage creates a mess but fire damage creates an environment where the effects are long lasting.
2) Purchase extra bottled water and canned foods. This will create less havoc for you encase of a long lasting power outage. It is important that you have extra water to cook with as well as to drink.
3) Use surge protectors on all major appliances. They will help eliminate the surge from entering these valuable pieces of equipment rendering them useless. If you do not have surge protection and you have fair warning a storm is headed your way unplug all major appliances and electronics.
4) Make sure you have a battery operated radio. It should be on and tuned in to a local station for regular updates.
5) If you go out after a storm has hit you area make sure to avoid down power lines. They are still full of energy and will shock you.
6) If your lights blow during a storm double check your fuse breaker box make sure that you have not just blown the fuses by asking neighbors if their power is out also. If it is the power call the electric company to make sure they are aware of the outage.
7) It is important if your power is out to conserve the energy left in your freezer and refrigerator. You can do this by limiting the times you open and close them. Dry ice is also available for purchase at local groceries if you are able to get out.
8) Of course if the power outage comes at a time of extreme cold you can store food in a cooler outside.
9) In cold weather you will want to make sure that you leave the water dripping to avoid pipes from freezing.
10) Warm clothes should be worn. Use caution with fireplaces and never use flammable liquids to start a fire. It is also important that you never use a gas stove to heat your home. This practice is unsafe and can result in more damage.
11) It is important that if storm damage occurs and you are without power that you use care and caution in running generators.
It is important to note that after a storm you should immediately restock your emergency supplies. It is likely that the season of storms is upon you and that it won't be the last one through your area. Storm damage cannot be prevented but it can be managed. Your reaction in the situation will likely determine how well you cope with the difficulties that come along with the aftermath of storm damage
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Kevin_Germain/607385
Include Your Pets in Your Fire Safety Plans
Our pets are part of our family. Some consider their dogs and cats to be children. They provide companionship and add joy to our lives. It is not something we like to think about, but keeping our pets safe during a fire or natural disaster is something we must prepare for. A home fire is the most top of mind event we can prepare for through prevention and safety awareness. In fact, fire kills more people in the US than all natural disasters combined with over 1.6 million fires in 2007. However, there are many other emergencies that can separate pets from their owners, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods. It is important to keep our pets and families safe by being prepared.
Fires can occur through a variety of causes including candles, natural disasters, lightening, smoking, Christmas trees, electrical, gas leaks, fireworks, space heaters, arson etc. However the top causes for home fires (38%) are from cooking and heating accidents, according to the USFA. In fact, December, January and February are top months due to colder weather. In the spring and summer months, lightening fires are more prevalent.
According to the NFPA, a home fire is reported every 79 seconds to a fire department and 4 out of every 5 fire deaths result from home fires. Only 25% of home fires occur at night, so many occur during the day when you are not home with your pets.
Some things to prevent and prepare your home and pets from fire and natural disasters:
- Install and frequently check smoke alarms, chimneys, grills, etc.
- Keep pets away from candles, grills, open flames, etc and never leave a home and pet unattended with an open flame. Keep flammable items such as dishtowels and oven mitts away from what you are cooking.
- Make sure neighbors know you and your pets, and that they have an emergency number for you and your vet's number. If you feel comfortable, give them a key and your alarm code.
- Have a plan. Decide in advance how your family will handle a fire or disaster and review often, including how to handle the pets. This includes having a plan for animals that are in crates or confined to a room while you are away.
- Have a doggie or kitty door installed.
- Keep an emergency supply kit and include pet items such as food or medication, vaccination records, leashes and a favorite toy to comfort your pet.
- Make sure your animals wear ID tags and/or are micro chipped in case they get separated from your family or get spooked and separated from your home.
Keeping your furry friends happy and healthy by including them in your fire safety plans. More safety and prevention tips can be found online at the NFPA and the AKC.
Sources: USFA, NFPA, AKC, NFPA 2007 Fire statistics
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Carol_Perry/223292
Home Fire Safety Plan For Kids
Fires don't occur often in homes, thankfully, but when they do, everyone must know what to do. There won't be time to check a manual or read a book. The family must know immediately what to do and do it! To make that happen, there must be a fire safety plan in place, and the family must have rehearsed it.
The Fire Safety Plan
The plan itself should provide for two ways out of the house. This isn't too difficult when everyone's on the ground floor, but a second story is a little different. Remember that a fire or smoke may block the only stairway. Buy and install an emergency ladder with metal steps. Secured beneath a window, it can easily be lowered out of that window so that family members can climb to the ground. Once on the ground, children and adults alike should move to a designated meeting point that is safely away from the burning house. This allows parents and fire fighters to determine who is safe and who still needs assistance. It's important to get to the meeting point because we definitely don't want a fire fighter to risk his or her life by entering a burning home when it's not necessary.
Special Fire Safety Precautions
If you or a child are in a room behind a closed door, be sure to touch the door knob quickly before leaving the room. If the knob is hot, there is fire or hot smoke and gases in the hallway. Rather than entering a hall full of fire, plug the crack at the base of the door with a towel or piece of clothing to keep the smoke confined to the hallway. Then, hang a bed sheet or towel out of the window to let the fire department know that you need help.
Long before an emergency ever occurs, smoke detectors should be installed throughout the house. This is especially important on sleeping floors. When a child is lost in a home fire, it is usually because there were no working smoke detectors in the structure and the child slept through the developing fire. In order to depend upon them, fire detectors must be tested monthly and the batteries must be changed every six months. Let kids hear the alarm so they know it and will react to it. Change batteries when daylight savings time makes its changes.
Every home should have at least one fire extinguisher in the kitchen. Provide a second one in the garage. Check each one monthly to ensure it has pressure, and have them serviced each year. This ensures the unit will be ready to perform when you need it. Learn how to use the fire extinguisher and then show everyone else in the family how to use it. While you are desperately trying to put out that nasty grease fire on the stove is no time to learn to use an extinguisher.
Place plenty of flashlights, usually one for each bedroom, and spare batteries throughout the house. If the house begins to fill with smoke or there is a power outage in the middle of the night, each child is able to find their way out. Likewise, each bedroom and the kitchen should have emergency numbers posted, especially 911. Arrange to take your kids to the local fire station so that they can meet a real fire fighter. This will help to reduce the "scary image" created by a fire fighter in full fire fighting gear in a dark, smoke-filled hallway.
Child Fire Safety Exiting Plans
As cold-hearted as it sounds, encourage kids to get out of the house immediately without looking for family pets. To search through a smoke-filled house or apartment to find a dog or a cat can put a child at serious risk. Animals often find their way out, and more than one pet has been saved by a fire fighter.
Teach children to crawl out of a smoke-filled room or hallway. Hot smoke and gases rise to the ceiling, so the available oxygen is near the floor. If a child's clothing catches on fire, as it might in a cooking fire, teach your family to stop, drop and roll. This reduces the oxygen available to the burning clothing and puts out the fire.
Ensure every family member makes it out safely by developing and practicing a home fire safety plan. Provide two exits for every room and make sure kids know how to use them as well as fire extinguishers, emergency telephone numbers and flashlights. Check smoke alarms monthly. Teach everyone to stop, drop and roll in order to put out a clothing fire.
Thanks for reading our article. If you'd like to read more on child safety, please join [http://childhealthandsafetymagazine.com]
While every attempt has been made to ensure that the information presented here is correct, contents and any links are not warranted for accuracy or any other implied or explicit purposes and are for information only.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Robert_G._Holt/618972
Choose SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park
Choosing the right company if you have experienced a water, fire, or mold damage can be one of the most important choices you make. After helping many disaster victims, SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park has the expertise, facilities, and equipment to help you resolve your emergency fast. Our team of professionals technicians is certified, bonded and insured -- not to mentioned trained to help you get your property back to its original state as soon as possible.
As the trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO provides 24-hour emergency help and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
Call SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park today for more information. We can be reached at 707-588-8226.
Emergency Response Matters
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. When an emergency arises in your business, give us a call and we'll be there fast with the help you need. The first step to reopening your doors is just a telephone call away.
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park professionals are available 24-hours a day and have the expertise, training, and equipment required to put you back in business. Our technicians are highly trained and are ready for dispatch to restore your business.
Whether you need your business cleaned up or dried out, SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park Professional will be there to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 707-588-8226.