Recent General Posts
What to Do Before, During and After an Earthquake
Preparation is a key component for making it through an unexpected disaster.
We all know that earthquakes are a common occurrence in California and other parts of the West Coast regions. But earthquakes can happen at any time of the year and occur without warning. After the initial earthquake, the aftershock may follow. Most are smaller than the initial earthquake but larger magnitude aftershocks also occur. Earthquakes may cause household items to become dangerous projectiles; cause buildings to move off foundations or collapse, damage utilities, roads and structures such as bridges and dams, or cause fires and explosions. They may also trigger landslides, avalanches, and tsunamis.
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park wants to emphasize the importance of preparation before an earthquake strike. By making an effort to be prepared and having a plan of action in place, you can lessen the impact a disaster might have on you, your home and your family.
Learn and follow these steps now to PREPARE before, during, and after an earthquake.
What to Do Before an Earthquake:
- Make sure you have a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, a battery-powered radio, a flashlight, and extra batteries at home.
- Secure items that could fall or move and cause injuries or damage such as; bookshelves, picture frames, mirrors, light fixtures, televisions, computers, hot water heaters, etc.
- Learn how to turn off the gas, water, and electricity.
- Make up a plan of where to meet your family after an earthquake.
- Don’t leave heavy objects on shelves as they can fall during an earthquake.
- Learn the earthquake plan at your school or workplace.
What to Do During an Earthquake:
- Stay calm and stay put.
- If you’re indoors, DROP to the ground; take COVER by crawling under a sturdy table or stand in a doorway. If under a desk or heavy table, cover your head and neck with your arms and HOLD ON until the shaking stops.
- If there isn’t a desk or sturdy table nearby, crawl away from windows, next to an interior wall. Stay away from glass, windows
- If you’re outdoors, stay away from building, trees, power lines or anything that might fall.
- If you’re driving, move away from overpasses, stop slowly in a safe area and stay in your vehicle.
- Don’t use elevators (they’ll probably get stuck anyway). Don’t run out of the building during the shaking as objects may be falling off the building and cause serious injuries or death.
What to Do After an Earthquake:
- When the shaking stops, check yourself and others for injuries.
- If the building is damaged, safely evacuate, go to an open space away from damaged areas.
- Check water, gas, and electric lines for damage. If any are damaged, shut off the valves to avoid fire and hazardous leaks.
- Be careful of around broken glass and debris
- Inspect your chimneys for unnoticed damaged that could lead to fires.
- Stay away from beaches. Tsunamis and seiches sometimes hit after the ground has stopped shaking.
- If you’re at school or work, follow the emergency plan or the instructions of the person in charge.
If your home or business suffers from earthquake damage, call our professionals at SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park. We can respond quickly and help make disasters, "Like it never even happened."
Any Questions - Call Us Today (707) 665-0822
SERVPRO Board Up and Other Services
When fire has finally been put out or the storm has passed, the aftermath can be a traumatic experience. Often times, the damages resulting from busted doors, broken windows, cracked walls or a damaged roof will require emergency board up and tarp to secure the property from further damage. Whether the damage occurred from a fire, wind damage, fallen tree or forced of entry, your primary focus should be safety and to take action immediately to protect your property and valuable asset. By leaving your doors or windows unattended, it can lead to further damage from weather, exposure, vandalism, and theft.
At SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park, we specialize in cleaning, remediating and rebuilding properties. If your structure is damaged, our trained and experienced technicians can effectively board up doors, garage, windows, wall openings, roofs, etc. We have the equipment and resources to board up residential and commercial needs. As a locally owned and trusted restoration company, we can provide 24-hour emergency service and are dedicated to responding immediately to emergency conditions. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it, “Like it never even happened!”
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park professionals can also perform other restoration services to secure your home or business and restore it to its preloss condition in a quick and professional manner.
- Board Up
- Biohazard Cleanup
- Carpet and Installation
- Content Move-outs
- Content Storage
- Document Restoration
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Emergency Fencing
- Fallen Tree Removal
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Cleaning
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Cleaning Services
- Portable Power
- Post Construction Cleaning
- Roof Tarp
- Temporary Power
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (707) 588-8226
SERVPRO Franchise Offers Local Businesses Free Emergency Ready Profile
Please call SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park to schedule your no cost assessment of your facility at 707-588-8226.
When Disaster Strikes, You Can be Ruined or You Can BE READY!
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information.
Did you know that as many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster? Of the businesses that do survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. And knowing you are "Ready for whatever happens" speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don't necessarily have to be.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
No one plans on a disaster, but you can plan to be, "Ready for whatever happens".
Preparation is key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it's a small leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, "Are you Ready for whatever happens?"
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park offers a complimentary assessment of your facility that can minimize business interruption in the event of a disaster. This assessment provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services and serves as a quick reference for important building and contact information. We would like to offer you this FREE service at your place of business. It's called SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP), and here are some advantages of the program:
- Includes a concise Profile Document that contains the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- Offers a guide to help you get back into your building safely following a disaster.
- Provides facility details such a shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
- Identifies the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
Call us Today to Get Started 707-588-8226.