Steps to Take When a Tree Falls on your Property
If a tree falls on your home, SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park can help with removal and restore your property, "Like it never even happened."
Wind, rain, hail, snow, and other natural weather events can cause more damage to your home than you might realize. Any time a storm strikes, it’s worthwhile to check your home for any damage afterwards, particularly your roof. Roof damage, if left un-repaired, can evolve into greater problems with your home’s interior, from leaks and mold to weakened ceilings. Catching the damage and repairing it right away is your best bet for extending the life of your roof and avoiding a total overhaul.
A common occurrence during tropical storms is trees falling on and damaging your property. Don’t wait until it happens. Be prepared for this type of storm emergency. Here are steps to take for emergency tree removal in your Rohnert Park home.
- Trees that are old or diseased can easily succumb to flooding and windy storms. Go ahead and remove hazardous trees before a storm approaches.
- In the event a tree does fall on your property, first make sure everyone is okay. Leave your home if you feel unsafe inside the property.
- Look to see if there are any wires or power lines hanging and if they are call the police and the power company.
- Call your insurance company and if you can, safely take pictures of the damages.
- Contact your local mitigation and emergency storm cleanup provider in Rohnert Park.
If your property was damaged by a fallen tree, SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park can help restore your home in to pre-storm condition.
We’re Here to Help! Call us today (707) 665-0822
Commercial Water Damage Restoration Service
If you experience water damage in your commercial building, call us today (707) 665-0822.
At SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park we know how to handle any and all water damages that you may encounter, but we want to give you a few pointers to help you prevent water damages from happening at your business. Unfortunately, disasters happen and even the most carefully operated and maintained building can experience a water damage event. Water damage tends to leave its mark on properties in the forms of rotting, warping, staining, and mold growth.
To help your property stay at its best here are these potential causes of water damage:
- Malfunctioning appliances – washing machines, dishwashers and refrigerators.
- AC and heating units leading to corrosion of HVAC systems and mold may growth from leakage.
- Windows - Inspect windows from the inside for glass and air seal integrity, test all locks, cranks, and interior walls around windows for water damage.
- Bursting or leaking pipes.
If you experience water damage in your commercial building and need a restoration company that you can trust, SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park is Here to Help restore your business back to pre-water damage condition. We quickly extract the water and then dry your property using state-of-the-art equipment.
Commercial Storm Damage Restoration
Storm Damage? No problem. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your business and quickly restore your property to pre-storm condition.
Mother Nature can strike at anytime and at any place. When a severe storm blows through, it can bring with it heavy rain, flooding, high winds, lightning, hail, and even tornadoes. The damage that storms can inflict on buildings will vary depending on the type and severity of the storm. Some of the potential kinds of damage that different storms can cause are cracked or shattered windows, roof damage from hail, damage from fallen branches/trees or even water damage from flooding. If that damage isn’t repaired quickly, interior damage, mold, and damage to equipment and inventory can follow - not to mention the disruption caused for your employees and customers. The costs of repairs to commercial buildings in particular are likely to be substantial due to the high concentration of glass used in these structures. Without the full and timely payment of insurance benefits, rebuilding and repairing can be prohibitively expensive.
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert understands that severe weather can happen without notice and cause water damage to your commercial property. As a trusted restoration company, we’re dedicated to responding immediately to water and storm damage emergencies. We have the experience and advanced training that enables us to restore your property quickly. We use scientific drying principles and provide validation and documentation that your property is dry and the job is complete.
We are Here to Help! Have Questions? Call Us Today – (707) 665-0822
Flooding and Flash Floods Can Strike Anywhere
Flood or Storm Damage? SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park is Here to Help! Call us today 707-665-0822.
Flooding and flash floods can happen almost everywhere, and at any time during heavy rains, when ocean waves come on shore, when snow melts too fast, or when dams or levees break. Floods rank as one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States. According to National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) more than 20% of all flood insurance claims come from areas in low to moderate risk flood zones. On average, floods cost $6 billion in annual losses in the U.S.
Flash floods are the most dangerous kind of floods, because they combine the destructive power of a flood with incredible speed and unpredictability. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away. Flash floods occur when excessive water fills normally dry creeks or river beds along with currently flowing creeks and rivers, causing rapid rises of water in a short amount of time. They can happen with little or no warning.
Many residents and business owners are unaware that they qualify for flood insurance. You can take steps to reduce the financial impact of flooding before a disaster strikes.
Preparing for a Flood
Residents and business owners need to prepare for flood conditions. Before the threat of flooding becomes imminent, residents and business owners should:
- Purchase a flood insurance policy if they do not already have one.
- Review their current insurance policy, become familiar with what is covered, and ensure the limits are adequate for their building and personal belongings.
- Make an emergency kit, plan evacuation routes, and keep important papers in a safe, waterproof place.
- Itemize and take pictures of possessions.
If you are experiencing water damage due to flood, give SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park a call 707-665-0822 We're Here to Help restore your home or business back to pre-water damage condition. We can quickly extract the water and then dry your property using state-of-the-art equipment.
Mold Remediation to a Commercial Building
Got Mold? No Problem. SERVPRO of Petaluma / Rohnert Park is here to help with remediation process and to prevent mold growth in your business.
Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. When excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. It is impossible to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment. However, mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling moisture indoors.
Commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. Since mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should call us to inspect your building if you suspect you have a mold problem. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Commercial Mold Remediation Presents Unique Challenges
Mold can spread quickly through a property if left untreated. SERVPRO of Petaluma / Rohnert Park can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. Next, we will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
Have a Mold Problem? Call Us Today – 707-665-0822
What to Do After Your Property is Damaged by a Storm
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park is ready to Help restore your property and make it, "Like it never even happened!"
Storm damage can occur at any time and can cause an immense amount of harm to your home. Heavy rains can cause flooding and powerful winds can cause roof damage and downed trees on your property. Some post-storm damage can create safety and health hazards as well, so having a strategy to deal with damage will help you to be ready to take steps immediately after the storm.
Dealing with wind or water damage to your home caused by severe storms can be both difficult and dangerous. Here are some tips on how to keep your family safe and begin to get your life back together after a storm hits.
Take Safety Precautions
Storm damaged homes are dangerous places; electrical hazards, sharp things and the real risk that something heavy could fall on you. Stay away from damaged trees and dangling or broken limbs. Here are other things to consider when your home is damaged:
- Do not venture outside until it has been declared safe to do so.
- Turn off your natural gas, electrical and water at their shutoff locations in your home.
- Do not touch any wiring or metal plumbing fixtures as they may be carrying electrical current.
Take pictures of the damage caused by the storm
If it is safe to move around your property, use your cellphone or a camera to photograph the damage so that you will have a record for your insurance company. This action will ensure that you are fully compensated.
- Photograph the outside of your home and any property that has been damaged during the storm, such as outbuildings or decks.
- Photograph the inside of your home and any interior property that has been damaged before you move anything.
- Interior and exterior pictures should be taken from multiple angles to ensure they accurately portray the extent of the damage.
- If trees or other debris, such as a neighbor's lawn ornaments, have damaged your home, photograph them as well.
- All pictures should be taken before any preliminary repair work begins.
Cleaning Up After a Storm
- If the roof has been damaged, cover the areas that could be exposed to the elements with a tarpaulin.
- Cover broken windows with plastic sheeting or plywood.
- Exterior walls that have sustained damage should be covered with plywood or plastic sheeting.
- Remove valuable items from the home prior to leaving for an extended period as the damage to your home may make it more easily accessible for thieves.
Contact Your Insurance Company
Contact your insurance agent to notify them about the damage to your home immediately. The company will send out an adjuster to determine the extent of the damage so that payment for repairs can be made.
- Have the pictures you took of the damage printed, or transferred to a CD, and provide them to your claims adjuster.
- Obtain quotes for repair work to your home and replacement cost estimates on any items that were damaged during the storm and give them to your claims adjuster.
- If you buy replacement items, such as a television, computer, microwave, light fixtures, or carpet, be sure to keep a copy of the receipt. Photocopy your receipts before submitting them to your claims adjuster.
Look Into Federal Disaster Assistance
The federal government may have declared the area affected by the storm as a disaster area that is eligible for low-cost loans to help restore your property to back to pre-storm condition or better. You will be required to file documents to receive these loans.
When a storm-related disaster strikes, it may seem overwhelming, but these steps can help you to begin the process of restoring your home, and your life, back to normal.
STORM DAMAGE REPAIR - Storm & Flood Services:
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Water Mitigation
- Mold Remediation
- Sewage Cleanup
- Carpet Cleaning
- Odor Removal
- Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster
A fast response is crucial to flooding and storm damage, because it reduces secondary damage and restoration costs. Storms don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. Our technicians will respond immediately, day or night to help Meriden business owners and residents.
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As water and storm damage specialists, we have the experience and advanced training that enables us to restore your property quickly. We use scientific drying principles and provide validation and documentation that your property is dry and the job is complete.
As Water Damage Restoration Technician and Applied Structural Drying Technicians, SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park responds immediately to your flood and storm damage emergencies. We have the storm damage restoration experience and specialized equipment to restore your Rohnert Park home or business back to pre-storm condition.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (707) 665-0822
Mold Infestation? We Can Help!
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park is Here to Help with your mold problem. Call Us Today – (707) 665-0822
Mold can be found just about almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Molds grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions. They spread and reproduce by making spores. Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants. Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation.
If there is an ongoing moisture problem in your home or business, it is important to be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold.
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
If you suspect that your Rohnert Park home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert can inspect, assess, remediate your mold infestation and make it, "Like it never even happened!"
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (707) 665-0822
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park is on Instagram
Check us out on Instagram and Like our page!
We want to let everyone know that SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park is now on Instagram. You can like, share or follow our page by clicking on the link Instagram.com/SERVPROpetaluma. Find out what we are up to and get updates, tips, and news about our company. It's a great way to learn a little bit more about what we do in our community and keep up with events that we have done, or those coming up in the near future.
Tell us about your experience with SERVPRO on Instragram. We want to know what we can do to continue providing our customers the best possible service. Our goal is to restore your property damage, "Like it never even happened!"
How to Prepare for Storm or Hurricane Before It Strikes
Keep your eye out on the storm and be prepared for the unexpected.
Fortunately with today's advance technology, meteorologist has the ability to use scientific principles to explain, understand and observe the forecast through computer programs, Doppler radar and satellite. Knowing where storms are now can help forecasters predict where storms will be tomorrow and the next day. Though storms or hurricanes may not always be predictable, it should be taken seriously and this requires that we be prepared.
Here are some useful tips to help you and your family prepare for the storm or hurricane:
- Tune In - Pay attention to local weather reports on radio, television, or the internet.
- Create an Emergency Plan - Discuss with your family or household members on preparing escape routes from your home. Make sure to have means of communication (e-mail, phone and cell phone) and set places to meet. Plan for your pets should you need to evacuate. Most shelters will accept service animals.
- Stock Up on Emergency Supplies - Stock non-perishable food supplies, a first-aid kit, a battery-powered radio, flashlights, and extra batteries in air-tight containers.
- Prepare your Home - Check your roof regularly to make sure it’s in good condition. Keep gutters, down pipes and drains clear. Remove tree branches that are close to your house. Fix any corrosion, loose fittings and rotting or termite-affected timber and secure loose items around your property.
- Fill up Car & Get Cash - Fill up as soon as a storm looks like a possible threat. Similarly, don't wait to get cash because you might need to purchase supplies after the storm.
If you are experiencing the unfortunate storm damage to your home or business, give SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park a call at 707-665-0822. We can help restore your property to preloss condition and make it, "Like it never even happened!"
Fire Cleanup and Restoration to a Commercial Building
As your local cleanup and restoration specialist we can help restore the fire and smoke damages to your business, 'Like it never even happened!"
Fire damage to a commercial building is a devastating experience. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage but also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. Therefore immediate action is crucial to minimize business interruption, reduce lost revenue and productivity.
But trying to clean up the aftermath may be the last thing you feel like doing on your own. When fire, smoke and soot damage are left behind, it can create an unpleasant and permanent problems if not properly addressed. Especially considering that smoke and soot from even a small fire can permanently damage contents throughout the building and may cause odors that resurface for years.
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park understands how disruptive fires can be for business owners, their tenants and even their customers. So before you risk doing more damage to your most valuable business assets by attempting to clean it up yourself, you should consider hiring an experienced fire damage like SERVPRO. Our technicians have the training, tools, equipment and experience to handle any fire damage incident to a commercial building. They can respond immediately to begin the work to restore your business back and running.
We are available 24 hours a day and are always Here to Help! Have Questions? Call Us Today – (707) 665-0822